Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Knitting Projects

I've had a productive few weeks knitting. I haven't made any more progress on the Very Boring Vest but I have three pairs of socks OTN (on the needle) and I finished a pair as well.

Tah dah! The pair I finished are the Rainbow socks pattern by Adrienne Fong using Fortissima Colori 1776 colorway. Isn't it fun the way the yarn makes the stars and stripes pattern? Just in time for July 4.


I have two SOTM club offerings from theknitter.com going at the same time. This pattern is called Dayflowers. The lacework is more complicated than many I've done - you sure can't watch the Redsox AND knit this pattern! It's very pretty - knitted using Tofutsies yarn. I'm really liking Tofutsies. It's very soft and easy to knit with.


This sock of the month offering is theknitter.com's "luxury" SOTM club. How could I resist? This is knit using Lorna's Laces shepherd sock yarn Chocolate Raspberry Truffle which is a custom color for this sock club. The pattern is called Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Shadow Socks and it's designed by Judy Alexander, who owns theknitter.com. It's a cable pattern and very easy but very elegant. It's a bit hard to see the pattern in this picture - as I get closer to finishing, I'll snap a shot outside so you can see the pattern.


I'm also continuing the Lilac socks on two needles.

I had to laugh - when I open my knitting bag everything is pink/maroon/purple colors which is actually unusual for me. I've always leaned towards blue/green/aquas. Change is good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks are gorgeous Barbara and I agree, it is wierd how the pattern works. Being the buggle that I am, I would have though you used three different color yarns *grin*. Sue

Beth said...

I do love those Patriotic socks and I'd be sure to wear them on the 4th of July even if it's 95 degrees! They look very nice.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love all your socks - what a great variety in patterns and colors! The Patriotic ones look especially great! Happy Knitting!