Sunday, September 9, 2007

Projects finished and in progress

I'm still a blog slacker! Oh well, I blame it on a busy life.

I still don't think I can show you the socks I test knit for Adrienne - I finished those. They are for my buddy, Kris. She's had more ups and downs this month than anyone should. Her sweet kitty passed away so was going to give these to her to make her feel better (nothing to make you feel better than a pair of handmade socks!). But she now has a wonderful new job and a beautiful new kitten named Nora - yay, Kris! So at some point... I'm in the process of blocking them so I can mail them to her.

Speaking of Adrienne, she designed the August Sock of the Month Club offering for theknitter.com They knit up so fast and were so much fun - intricate enough to be interesting but not so it drove you nuts. And the yarn is devine! It's Panda Wool, the colorway is Circus. I've finished both socks now - here's a picture with the first done and the second in progress.


I really love the way the yarn colors pooled - I'm pretty sure my socks won't look like anyone else's. The yarn is so soft - I can't wait to wear them!

I started and finished a pair of socks for Sam when we traveled to Lake George NY last month. He wanted a pair of warm socks. These are knitted using Patons Merino Wool - the design (as simple as it is) is my own. The pattern is a k3, p1 repeat.

Here are the socks:


And here's Sam modeling them:


You can see the k3, p1 pattern when he wears them. As fast as he's growing, I'm sure they'll be mine in no time!

I have a similar pair for son Tom OTN - in "lovely" camo colors, and also the luxury SOTM offering from theknitter.com as well. Oh, and also the Online socks (nearly finished) and another pair. So many projects... The last two are the second sock - no SSS for me! Since son Sam made the "A" team in soccer, I'm pretty sure I'll have plenty of sports/knitting opportunities.

2 comments:

Nora's human said...

Socks! Dobby loves socks! LOL.

What a cool thing that I have a friend who is generous enough (and hugely talented) enough to knit socks. Which end of that needle is up again?

I am very excited, but will keep them under wraps until I'm given the OK to show them off. Now, maybe I'll need new shoes to better show them?

DrLaura said...

would love to post your pretty circus socks on the CPY blog
http:socksandmorewithcpy.blogspot.com
adrienne's designs are so lovely-and your knitting really shows them off!
blessings, :L,laura