Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wash Day

You can never have too many pairs of handmade socks - it's laundry day! Nice to have a wood stove to hasten drying.


It occurred to me that I've finished up or started more socks.

This pattern is A Little Twisted Socks by Debbie O'Neill for The Knitter's SOTM club. The yarn is Reynolds Soft Sea Wool in Eggplant colorway. The leg was somewhat complicated - LOTS of cables - but the sock I thought turned out really well.


Ta dah! Here are the finished Maze socks from Sensational Knitted Socks vol. 1.


The charcoal color is Regia silk and the offwhite color is Dale of Norway Baby Ull. It's knitted on size 0 (2.00 mm) needles. The leg pattern was FUN - mosaic looks so complicated but really isn't. The feet were very tedious... Hugh loves them!

Speaking of Regia silk, this pattern is for my older son. The pattern is Snicket. I'm done with the first leg. Once I figured out how to cable without a needle, it was much, much easier.


I'm making another pair of Jaywalker socks. This is Regia yarn, colorway is Nation Color #5399 - isn't it fun?


I'm loving the big stripes and what the chevron pattern of Jaywalkers does to it.

Lastly, here is Tea Time - another design by the wonderful Adrienne Fong. This is another mosaic knit, using Meilenweit colors #1334 & #1335. It's going together really fast. I'm loving this design - and wondering what black with a self-striping yarn would look like in another pair?


Off to cheer on the Pats!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Wow! You have so many gorgeous socks on the needles at the same time. Those mosaic socks are gorgeous! The eggplant ones look very nice - wish I could see them up close.

I've had Snicket in my queue forever. Someday I'll knit it too. Yours looks very nice so far.

Teresa said...

You and your family will never have cold feet. *grin*

That wood stove drying the socks is excellent... if you put little loops on the socks, you could make it look like Christmas while they're drying.

;-)

Laura said...

Wow, I think I would need to make sure I wore pants that were a tad too short to show off all those gorgeous socks....

NH Knitting Mama said...

I know I'm late to the party - your socks are awesome!