Monday, October 15, 2007

October projects - finished and in progress

I'm now part of Ravelry - woo hoo! It's a kind of knitting/ handcraft community that's very fun. I've been posting new projects there but realized I need to do them here for folks who haven't yet seen the light that is knitting.

I've been busy! I just finished the luxury sock of the month club offering from The Knitter - aren't they lovely? I hope you can see the design of the sock. The pattern is called Scattered Leaves. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill supersocke merino in a color that was made especially for this sock club. I wish I could describe how wonderful the socks feel made up - very soft but substantial.


As always, I have a few works in progress. This first is made from Opal Neon yarn, the pattern is called Tidal Wave. I'm LOVING the colors in this yarn! I have one sock finished and have started on sock #2.


This is the Embossed Leaves pattern that everyone and their - er - sister is knitting so I hate to sound like I'm a member of the flock but what can you do? Isn't this pattern gorgeous? I have a wee confession to make. I received this month's SOTM club offering from The Knitter - loved the yarn and like the pattern but it's not one I think I would wear. The yarn "spoke" to me and really wanted to be in this pattern and so it will be. The pattern is from the book "Favorite Socks" by Interweave. The designer is Mona Schmidt. The yarn is Sandnes Garn Sisu #7133 - man, I love the seafoam color!

This is sock #1 - it knitting up really fast.

And now I bring to you - tah dah! - Ruth Sorenson's Kauni sweater. This is another pattern that many people seem to be working on right now. I think it's lovely! This will be a cardigan sweater for me. The yarn is Kauni rainbow and it's completely addictive. Each time I'm knitting I think I'll put the knitting down and then think "oh, let's see what the next color will be" and I continue.


This one might take awhile - but it's so much fun to make.

Last month I showed you the socks I knitted for Sam. Here are Tom's socks made with Patons Classic Wool Merino yarn in the Camoflage colorway (zzzzz on the colorway - not what I would have chosen!). The pattern is my own simple design of K3, P1. Tom really loves them so I guess that's what matters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to ask... those "forms" you have for the socks. Are they just for display purposes? Do you slip the sock on it every once in a while to be sure you have the sizing right? Just wondering. *grin*

BarbaraME said...

Aren't they the cutest things? They're called sock blockers. I got mine from Chappie's store on the internet. I look at them as having a couple of uses - one for display but also they do serve to block the sock so that it lays flat, etc. I don't generally use it for sizing though.

Good question, Teresa!

Anonymous said...

GT I love the socks!! Especially tidal wave, I'm very partial to all those colors in that yarn