Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall!


You can tell it's really fall - the leaves are just gorgeous this year. Last night we had our first hard freeze. It's funny the way the leaves all fall off of this tree in our backyard all at once. I don't know what the tree is, but here's what greeted us this morning:


Another way is that the cats get really snuggly. Nothing like a warm cat on a chilly morning!


I've been busy with projects, as usual. I started this week another Debbie O'Neill pattern called Autumn Leaves in Classic Elite Alpaca Sock - very soft yarn!


I'm also making a hat for my nephew, Joshua that I started this week. The yarn is Malabrigo worsted weight - it's the softest yarn I think I've ever used!


The pattern is Mighty Mitts and Flap Caps by Cottage Creations. I also made this pattern for my boys, both using Malabrigo worsted.

I also made a flap cap for our newest nephew, Jonah using Green Mountain Spinnery's Mountain Mohair yarn. It's way too fun (and tempting) to have GMS down the road a ways!


I'll be making Jonah and Joshua's brother (Justin) a flap cap too. Flap cap central!

We're off to a football game today - perfect weather for it.

1 comment:

Lynda the Guppy said...

Isn't malabrigo fantastic! LOL I'm making the Icarus shawl using their lace yarn and it's amazing. I have enough of the Worsted for several scarves, but not sure what pattern to use. LOL.