Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, everyone! My two boys' favorite Easter cartoon is this one - isn't it funny?


We've had a fun, busy weekend. Uncle Steve came over on Friday night for our annual dinner/Easter egg dye (it's always the four of us and Uncle Steve doing this). Very fun - the eggs were really pretty.


We dyed 36 eggs, although I was "missing" a few this morning when I made deviled eggs for our dinner this afternoon. We're having 13 people in all this evening to share Easter dinner with us. The boys are excited because "they hardly ever get to eat ham". Of course we're having deviled eggs, scalloped potatoes and ham, also baked beans and broccoli casserole (DS1's favorite). Our friends are bringing salads and dessert. Yummy!

The cats are umimpressed...


That's Smudge on the left and Oreo on the right. But the boys loved their Easter baskets! I think the chocolate bunnies are already history....


Speaking of bunnies, I'm working on a sweater for myself using the yarn I got at Webs in Northampton. This yarn is by Tahki Stacy Charles and it's called Bunny Print - so appropriate for today! The pattern is really fun - it's a cabled sweater. The pattern looks like this:


I LOVE cables! I also finished the first Monkey sock for my friend, Mirm - that's here:


I adore the Monkey pattern by Cookie A. I made it for myself in another colorway. Here's a closer look at the pattern:


I'm really enjoying knitting the pattern and the yarn. Hmmm - the colors are similar to that of the Bunny Print colors! I guess I need to branch out a bit.

It's time to put the ham in the oven, take a shower, and clean the house a bit more for our friends who are coming soon. Have a wonderful holiday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the cartoon! And the knitting.

What is it about Easter and ham? We had ham too. I'm still busting out of my jeans.

GiGi said...

cartoon was cute! Didnt know so many folks had "Easter" dinners, lol.

Sue said...

Love the cartoon, the yarn for the sweater, the socks, the kitty cats, the egg dying photo. We only did 18 eggs and also had ham.