Wednesday, April 4, 2007

No more braces!

DS2 got his braces off yesterday. He's had them on for about a year and a half - long enough! His teeth look GREAT! It was VERY hard to find a picture of him smiling with his lips parted. Here's before - DS2 is on the right, DH and DS1 on the left:


And - tah dah! - here's after!

Isn't he handsome? Morine - what do you think? he he he (that's me on the right)

He gets his retainer in a couple of weeks.

Lots of knitting got done in the orthodontist's office!

I just finished my pink "luxury" socks and am really pleased with them. I changed the pattern around a bit - the lace in the pattern went down the back of the socks but I moved them around so the pattern's in the front. The yarn is wonderful! It's Jo Sharp Alpaca Silk Georgette. It's a fingering weight yarn made of 40% alpaca, 40% merino and 20% silk - it's yummy! I knitted it on size 1 needles - 32" circular using the magic loop method. Here's Smudge modeling my new sock.


And isn't the ribbing pretty? I hope the picture captures it.

No comments: