Monday, April 2, 2007

It's been busy!

I have two boys who are in middle school. My older son just had the lead role in the school play. I'm sure every parent says this, but he did a fabulous job. His character was Elliot, a bullied kid who starts out as a dinosaur-loving geek but as he becomes friends with other kids, comes out of his shell and matures. The play is based on the book The Revealers by Doug Wilhelm. Mr. Wilhelm lives in Vermont and visited the cast and then came to the second night of the play. He told our drama instructor (who directed the play) that it was the best rendition of the play he'd seen. All the kids did a wonderful job. Amazing that it was a middle school production - it seemed much, much more sophisticated!

My younger son had a band concert last week (he plays the sax) and has a choral concert this week. My younger DS also plays indoor soccer. Read: excellent opportunities for me to knit! I just finished my Ocean Vest from the Shadow Knitting book that I'm very pleased with. I cashed in my gift certificate to Patternworks my buddy, Nicole, gave me for my 50th birthday and this is the result:

I knitted it using Baby Ull on size 3 needles. It's GREAT to wear! The colors and the yarn were really nice to work with. Even though the yarn is wool, it's very soft. I have some left over but I'm not sure if it would make good socks or not. A good question for the Socknitters listserve I think.

I've also been working on socks. I have three pairs OTN (that's on the needle for you muggles/non knitters out there!). I'll have pictures at some point. I'm working on a second pair of monkey socks for a critter friend (he he he - you'll have to figure out which one!), light pink, silk socks from Judy's Sock of the Month Club, and a mosaic pair for DH. His feet are bigger than mine so they're taking awhile.

I visited the Northampton MA area a couple of months ago with my critter buddies (you know who you are!).


Two of the other non-muggles and I hit Webs - wow, what a fun place! Truth to tell, it was a bit overwhelming. My socknitter buddy, Charlton, told me about the warehouse - amazing bargains to be had! I found the Tahki Stacy Charles cable sweater I was looking for, as well as Bunny yarn for it. I'm about halfway done with the second sleeve - woo hoo! Just in time for summer.

Gotta go help DS1 with algebra - I'm the algebra expert here, sad to say...


5 comments:

BarbaraME said...

Muggle! come to the dark side...

Twin Mommie said...

Can I call you when mine start doing algebra? LOL

BarbaraME said...

ha ha ha irish - hopefully by then you can call Tom! :-)

Unknown said...

Half-muggle checking in.

Webs was more than a bit overwhelming. I'm still scared to go back. LOL

Sassy said...

You do such beautiful work! I just love my socks ;-)