Thursday, April 5, 2007

It's Spring, Right?

Well, maybe the calendar says it is! But my backyard sure doesn't think so:


Here's the view from the front window (next to the cat condo). Notice how far up the window the snow is? It's fallen off the roof.


Our schools were on a 2 hour delay; others in the area were closed (reference Math Lady's blog where "Greenland is closed"!).

We have some "outside neighbors" who visit regularly - the turkeys! They like to eat the food that gets dropped on the ground below our birdfeeders. There are 7 of them - here's the gang this morning.


My sock of the month club kit arrived today - yay! It's always like Christmas in April (or May or October) for me. Judy always puts together such wonderful kits. Very imaginative and fun - they definitely get me out of my socks comfort zone. When you open the big envelope (it's always an envelope rolled up so you know it's a sock goodie!), it's wrapped up like this - oh so tantalizing!


And you never know just what it's going to be! This month's offering is just perfect for me - "my" colors and the sock is designed by my favorite sock designer, Adrienne Fong! Does it get better than this? I think not!


I can't WAIT to get started! But first, I need to finish my Monkey sock by my other favorite sock designer, Cookie A. for a critter buddy. Not much so far but such a pretty yarn. It's one of the Dancing colorways by Knitpicks, knitted on a size 1 needle.

It's always interesting to me how the colors pool (make a pattern) even when the yarn itself isn't self-striping or self-patterning.

Off to knit!

4 comments:

Nora's human said...

No spring here either - although I think you got it much worse than we did.

Stupid groundhog!

BarbaraME said...

That darn groundhog lied big time this year, didn't he? *grin*

Unknown said...

Love the turnkeys!

Teresa said...

Isn't this what Laura Ingalls Wilder called the "sugar snow" in her "Little House in the Big Woods" book? Time to stop knitting and make that maple syrup. *grin*