Sunday, May 6, 2007

Knitting projects

As always, I've been knitting a lot and have several projects I've finished plus several OTN (that's on the needle for your muggles - er, non-knitters out there!). I remain passionate about knitting socks - dunno why but they're fun little works of art. I'm in the home stretch with my Bunny Paint cable sweater. I'm also knitting a vest with odds and ends of yarn that I have.

I've finished and mailed several pairs - 5 in all, although two pairs were for my little twin nephews down in Georgia and all of their socks probably don't add up to one adult! Here's the finished pre-mailing collection.


This is my Tidal Wave sock. It's made from Tofusies # 731 yarn, which was SO fun to knit with. It's a little thinner than Trekking or Opal yarns but perfect for wearing in Oklahoma where's it being sent to to my evil twin Barbara. I hope you enjoy, ET! *mwah*


This sock is called the Road to Hana by my favorite sock designer, Adrienne Fong. Isn't it gorgeous? It's the March offering from the Knitter's sock of the month (SOTM) club. This pair of socks is for me, me, me! This sock was made using Trekking XXL sock yarn - the band is history so I'm not 100% sure the colorway.



I finished Mirm's Monkey socks. Monkey is a sock pattern by another favorite sock designer, Cookie A. Mirm's a critter buddy who lives in NC. She scored an autographed Susan Elizabeth Phillips book for me - woo hoo! Thanks SO much, Mirm! The yarn for these socks is Knitpicks Dancing.


Multiply these socks by two! I made these for my little nephews, Connor and Brodie, who live in Georgia. I hope you enjoy these, guys - I can't wait to meet you in person!


I have three socks in progress. This is for another critter buddy, Nell, that I've just started. She loves sapphire blue - I thought this yarn would be fun. It's knitted in Reynolds Swizzle #4003. The pattern is another Adrienne Fong pattern - Menehune Cobblestone. I love Adrienne's patterns - they "fit" so well and are so fun to knit.


This is theknitter.com's April SOTM offering. It's called Diamonds are Forever. After a couple of fits and starts, I'm finally making good progress with it - I got the heel turned last night during Sam's soccer game (*snork* - if only he knew). I'm really liking the pattern and I LOVE the color. The yarn is Jawoll, I believe the colorway number is 83.0145. I've not knit with this yarn before either but I'm liking it. It's very soft. The cuff actually sews down to make a picot edge which I think will be really pretty.

And last but not least, socks for DH, also known as LH (laundry hunk). I have the first sock done. It's the Maze pattern from the book Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. This is maybe the most difficult pair of socks I've made. The top "maze" pattern is easier - it's a mosaic pattern. The feet are kind of a pain to knit because it alternates the two colors but I'm really liking the way it's knitting up. Hugh has very sensitive skin, so I'm knitting this in Regia Silk (the charcoal color) and Dale Baby Ull (the cream color).

For those of you who want to see LH in the flesh, here you go!


Cute, no?! He says it's very soft and not scratchy - whew!

I am SO excited - at the end of the month a couple of critter buddies (Kiri and Jacqui) and I are journeying down to Webs in Northampton MA to see the Yarn Harlot speak! I can't wait - I'm not sure if I'm more excited about hearing Stephanie Pearl-McPhee speak or getting to have dinner with Kiri and Jacqui! More about our journey later.

I'm off to work in the garden on this beautiful Sunday!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Although I enjoyed looking at them all, my favourite are your husband's Maze socks. Stunning.

BarbaraME said...

This is Colin, yes? I enjoy your blog a bunch! Thanks - I think if I make them again, I would make the foot one color rather than striping it. The foot was a huge amount of work for me - I've never learned how to color change properly so it's tedious. OTOH, my husband is surely worth it! *grin*

Anonymous said...

the socks are beautiful, you are so talented, looks like you're having lots of fun with family and friends too, lots of handsome boys and men out your way. Sue

Anonymous said...

WOW, those look great. *fanning self over seeing LH's legs*
LOL
Charity

Anonymous said...

Oh GT I can't wait for my socks to get here??? They are absolutely beautiful, I LOVE the colors!!!

Unknown said...

I have to work the evening of the Yarn Harlot. Waaaahhhhhh!!!!!!