Monday, May 28, 2007

Knitting projects

I've had a productive weekend knitting-wise. As always, I have several WIPs (works in progress) and some I've finished. I finished the Menehune Cobblestones pattern in Reynolds Swizzle yarn for my buddy, Nell. I'm really pleased with them and she seemed to like them. I had to laugh - she thought they were "loud" socks. As I was knitting them, I was thinking how conservative they were! It was a really fun pattern to knit - thanks, Adrienne, as usual for your wonderful designs!


Speaking of Adrienne, I finished 1776 sock #1 in the Rainbow pattern and am onto sock #2. Other knitters have spoken of SSS (second sock syndrome) where you don't knit a second sock. I've not ever had that problem - I'm sure I will at some point. I always cast-on and knit a bit of the second sock and that seems to do the trick for me. This is one of my favorite designs - it's so pretty and lacy and is actually quite an easy design - it's a four row repeat; two of the rows are knit - so it works up quickly. I'd hoped to have them done for this weekend - oh well. Fourth of July for sure!

I'm part of a Sock of the Month (SOTM) club at The Knitter. They started a knitalong (that's called a KAL - we all love our acronyms!) to ask questions, etc. I got my new sock pattern on Friday - it's lovely! It's a lacy sock knit using Tofutsies yarn. I've done the cuff of the first sock.


ALSO - thanks to Adrienne - I won some gorgeous Panda Wool yarn that I'm using now with Jeanie Townsend's Lilac socks pattern. The pattern is pretty intricate. There's a group on the Knitter KAL who are helping each other knit two socks on one long circular needle so I'm giving it a try. After some misgivings in the first two or three rows, I find I'm liking it. I didn't have to count rows on the cuff because you knit them at the same time. I do of course count rows on the sock itself because it's a 12 row repeat but it's a gorgeous sock. This one is mine, mine, mine!


I have a Very Boring Vest that I work on in movies, etc. (when I want to knit but it can't be a pattern of any sort). This fits the bill. I got the pattern from Patternworks because it is really simple - and a good way to use up some leftover stash yarn. I really like wearing vests at work during the winter and fall - they're warm without being so bulky. So my Very Boring Vest pattern will get done and I know I'll love it!


That's it from projectland - I think I have enough to keep me busy and out of trouble. Sam has a baseball game today so I should get some good work done *grin*.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Whoa!! You've got a lot of knitting going on! I really like those 1776 socks. I'm not big into self patterning yarns but those are pretty cool.

How do you like the Panda Wool? I've been wanting to try it ever since I knit the Loopy Ewe summer sock kit that had wool/bamboo yarn. It looks beautiful!